Interact Club - 2022-2023 End of School Year Report
Pictured left to right, Larry Franklin, Interact Committee Chair, some of the 20+ clubs members, and faculty advisor Meredith Cappel-Kane
On June 13th, The Rotary Club of Dunedin is the proud sponsor of the Dunedin High School Interact Club. The Rotary Club Board of Directors and its members recognize and appreciate the Interact Club members' hard work and dedication to supporting the club, high school, and community. Our Rotary Club membership hopes you share a sense of pride and accomplishment as we do with the projects you started and completed during this school year.
Your Interact Club has grown from five to 20+ members per week, meeting every Tuesday 10:50 - 11:20 AM and four after-school sessions from 2:00 – 3:30 PM.
Our Interact Club members are one of over 342,953 Interactors worldwide, representing 14,921 other clubs spread across 145 countries.
Below are some of the successful projects you completed during the school year.
1. Ready For Life – "It Makes Sense To Care" collection of over $1,200 to aid foster kids that have become young adults as they age out of the program.
2. Dunedin Cares food pantry collection and $75 donation.
3. Appreciation boards for guidance counselors, SROs, cafeteria, food, prep workers, plant operators, front desk, staff and personnel, and assistant principals' offices.
4. Christmas / Chanukah/ Kwanza and Valentines - made cards and letters and provided candy for Mease Life residents with little family involvement.
5. Winterfest booth, school club night - candy and glow-in-the-dark necklaces and bracelets as prizes
6. Student Spring Break inspiration messages - each club member hands out random acts of inspiration across the campus to bolster spirits and prepare for Spring Break.
For those club members that are not seniors, the Rotary Club of Dunedin and your faculty advisor invite you to return next school year and pick up where you left off. For our college-bound graduating seniors, we invite you to join the Rotaract Club at your college.